LED or HPS - What should I Grow with?
While the HPS industry continued to become more reliable and offer even higher levels of Power (Wattage) they seemed like the only sure-sign reliable way to ensure growers a healthy return on weight. The High-Pressure Systems became the agricultural industry standard for years to come.
As time progressed more stable industry players added clarity to the future of growers and what would become more better, faster, and stronger in race to the most beautiful and chronic Harvest. LED lights have not only caught up but aided growers for an optimal growing experience.
High Pressure Sodium (HPS):
- HPS lights can produce an intense amount of light, which can increase the flowering of cannabis.
● The initial start-up cost of HPS plant grow lights is lower.
● HPS is usually used in the reproductive or flowering stage of growth. If high-pressure sodium lamps are used during the vegetative phase, plants will usually grow faster.
HPS grow lights require more power and are less energy efficient.
● Setting the optimal temperature can be challenging, particularly in confined spaces.
● HPS grow lights have a shorter shelf life in comparison to LED lights.
● The strong lighting of the HPS makes adequate airflow and ventilation essential.
● In the long run, HPS lights will significantly increase costs.
Light Emitting Diodes (LED):
- LED grow lights are more energy efficient. They produce the same amount of light as HPS lamps but consume much less energy. According to market research, LED lights consume 90% less power than HPS plant lights
● LED grow lights do not generate as much heat as HPS lights, which can reduce costs to a certain extent.
● LED plant growth lights are smaller than HPS lights, which can maximize the growth space.
● LED grow lights have an impressive shelf life.
● Vertical Growing and Dimmability.
LED plant growth lights require a higher upfront investment. However, in the long run, they can reduce costs because of their long shelf life.
● Compared with HPS, LED grow lights may not generate enough heat
Which option is better?
Both LED grow Lights and HPS Lights have advantages but unless your growing in colder cooler open space areas HPS Lighting is not the ideal choice. There are more advantages as LED lights provide a long-term cost saving solution. Cali Hydro LED’s ALSO offer the added benefit of a safe and controlled circuitry to further add peace of mind to the grower.
With our perfected HydroRay Spectrum with a full array that’s been tuned to push growers harvest above and beyond what is available on today’s market. Domestically build and processed through the USA these lights also take into consideration a full understanding of what’s on the LED market and look forward to disrupting the current overseas market with a competitive price and a always perfectly landed product [Domestically Shipped Tracking Provided within 24 Hours]
You need LED lights for large-scale planting or small-scale operations & Cali Hydro LED is a Growers Choice that will surpass your interests and beyond!